Time is getting close to our departure for South Africa! We are really excited and probably more nervous than we realize. We are scheduled to take off on August 1st. Much has been done to get us to this point and we feel like we are closing in on one of the big mile marker moments in this journey.
Here are a few updates from our last Newsletter Update in May:
- Visas – we need to be applying this week and praying that there is no issues with the consulate accepting and approving them quickly.
We did apply for our visas and had all of the paperwork and more they needed thanks for my organized wife!!! We have not received our visas nor passports back yet, but from all of those that have gone through this process before us have said that “no news is good news”. If there was a problem we were suppose to hear with in 14 days. We haven’t heard so we are assuming all is well! PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!
- Trip to NYC to apply for visas with the SA consulate
You can read our latest blog about our New York trip here, The Big Apple Adventure
- Putting our home on the market and selling the rest of our furniture, cars, etc.
The Lord gave us this house as a blessing and it continues to be a blessing. We did sell out home in a matter of 4 hours!!! We even got over asking price which is amazing! We know that it is all of the Lord’s doing. We are just about to close (Tuesday the 11th) and are currently getting rid of the last few things. We believe that life will feel a little less heavy after this is all said and done.
- From our family’s prayer card, the letter T – Travel arrangements: purchasing the best plane tickets, cost, routes, etc.
We are purchasing plane tickets this week! Our church, Ridge Church said that as part of their support for us they would like to purchase our tickets! How cool is that!!! We even got a pretty relaxing schedule where we can spend a day in London as a family walking around between two long flights.
- To have 100% of monthly support finalized and one time set up cost in
We have been blown away by the generous people the Lord has brought our way this past month. We have reached 100% in our monthly support! Praise the Lord! It feels so good and we are extremely thankful. We still would like to raise about $7000 in set up cost before we leave August 1st so please let us know if you would like to help meet this need.
Prayer needs for July:
- Visas to safely and quickly get here in hand
- The closing and moving out of our house to go smoothly (Closing is July 11th)
- Packing essentials and things we will want in SA. We can only take 2 free bags each but currently have 4 extra bags ($200 each x 4 = $800!)
- All of the goodbyes. There are many!
- From our family prayer care we have a couple:
- J-Joy, “Not to feel sad”, Ellyana
- E-Everyones luggage will arrive safe and sound
- K-Kids, Trusting God to provide what they need in each step of the journey and that they will recognize His goodness
If you would like to join our financial or prayer team you can check out how to partner with us by clicking here Partnering with us…. Thank you!
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.