We made it to the US on Wednesday night after a long and crazy journey. We needed to save some money on airfare and the Lord provided some half price tickets, to which we were so thankful for. BUT, we have learned that you sometimes get what you pay for. We ended up taking 5 flights around the world to get back to Charlotte, NC. We were so grateful that we had good flights and that all of our bags made it! #itsamiracle
We hit the ground running hard and fast. It has been a wonderful time catching up with family and friends as well as getting some delicious food. We feel so connected to all of those who personally support our family therefore it is a blessing for us to spend time with as many of them as we can. We are so blessed by these amazingly, loving people!
It’s pretty hot here in Charlotte and its getting us ready for the hot, humid weather we are about to step into as we head to Uganda.
Some of you may know that the Lord opened a door for the Rousehouse to rent the house directly across the street from Sole Hope (solehope.org). We are very excited about this location for our family and the opportunity we will have to host many people daily. The house is a large, older home that needs a good deal of work but it has a big, beautiful garden for us to enjoy. We have been working with a local realtor and contractors to get the work started so please be praying for everything to get done quickly. We will post pics soon.
Our family will be spending the month of July with family vacationing, reconnecting with friends, visiting churches, raising some extra funds, and preparing for this next step in the journey of heading off to Uganda.
Please be praying for us this month!
- We need to raise around $12,000 for the renovation of this home and to install a security fence. Could you help us with this need? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We need to secure about $500 more a month in regular support. Would you be willing to join our partner team? We would love to chat with you. Please email email@example.com
- We need some rest this month
- Good connections with family, friends, and partners
- Safe travels
- Mental, emotional, and spiritual preparations for this next season
- Pray for Sole Hope! #hopeiswinning (solehope.org)
We would love for you to join us on Instagram and Facebook to see daily adventures, ministry sites, and family activities.
https://www.instagram.com/causing_wonder/ – Mac’s Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/solehope/ – Sole Hope